Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Humbling Experience


As I finished my first commencement speech, I was completely unaware of what about to take place next. It was quite a humbling experience being on stage with Texas Tech Chancellor Hance, Regent Miller and President Whitmore receiving my Honorary Doctorate degree. This is even more meaningful because Texas Tech does not give out this honor too often, not even to some of the biggest names who have given the commencement speeches before me at this University.

The most special part to me is Texas Tech recognizes the importance of Academic Excellence Through Chess and this will open the doors for countless students in the future. I view that this honor is not just for me. It is for the entire chess community and I am very excited about the future of chess and education and college chess.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: